- 12 Creekside™ Butter Premium Balls®
- 1 small onion
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup flour
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups half and half
- 6 cups broccoli florets, chopped small
- salt and pepper to taste
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large stockpot melt the Creekside™ Butter Premium Balls®. Add in the onion and carrot. Cook for about 1-2 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook for one minute.
- Stir in the flour and let it cook for a minute. Whisk in the broth until well combined. Add in the half and half, broccoli, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cayenne. Stir to combine and bring to a simmer. Turn down the heat and cook for about 6-8 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
- Stir in the cheeses until melted and combined evenly. Remove from heat.